April PLAYcation will take place April 18-25, 2015! Find our complete schedule of events here!
Families, create your artistic masterpiece, take in a show, and celebrate Earth Day and lots more at April PLAYcation 2015! Lowell’s PLAYcation – a partnership between Lowell National Historical Park, Musketaquid Arts & Environment, the American Textile History Museum, Angkor Dance Troupe, Lowell Parks & Conservation Trust, Middlesex Community College, Stop & Shop’s Nutrition Program, and others – brings free fun to local families during Massachusetts school vacation week, April 18-25, 2015.
Programs take place at locations around Lowell – the complete schedule of events will be available at http://lowellkidsweek.org/april-vacation on April 1. All programs are free, but some require pre-registration, so please plan ahead. This year’s April PLAYcation highlights include:
- Create your own flag, mask, puppet on a stick, or musical instrument at daily parade making workshops with Musketaquid Arts & Environment, then show them off as part of the Earth Day celebration on April 25;
- Explore Lowell’s past and present with crafts, stories, and experiments at Lowell National Historical Park;
- Learn about sheep shearing, then make a creative wool felted mug rug or hacky sack at the American Textile History Museum;
- Enjoy a kid-friendly performance by the world-renowned Angkor Dance Troupe;
- Learn about healthy eating with interactive Nutrition Bingo at Stop & Shop Chelmsford;
…and lots more fun to be announced!